Upskilling is an important part of choosing a career today. Courses online teach us what schools were not able to do. At this time, selling a course can be perfectly profitable. If you have mastery over an area, field, or subject, selling your courses online can help a lot. This article is a comprehensive guide to selecting the best platform to sell online courses.
In today’s rapidly evolving digital landscape, the realm of education has transcended the traditional classroom walls. The rise of online learning has enabled educators, experts, and creators from around the world to share their knowledge with a global audience through the creation of online courses.
Whether you’re a seasoned educator looking to expand your reach or a passionate professional eager to share your expertise, the journey begins with choosing the right platform to showcase and sell your online courses. Here, I will be sharing the guide to choose the best course selling platforms in 2023 that empower digital educators, offering a stage to showcase their content, connect with learners, and monetize their expertise.
From user-friendly interfaces to robust marketing tools, we’ll delve into the features, benefits, and unique characteristics of these platforms that make them stand out in the competitive world of online course selling. So, if you’re ready to turn your knowledge into a thriving online business, read on to discover the ideal platform that aligns with your goals and sets you on the path to success in the dynamic realm of digital education.
What Is A Course Selling Platform And What Does It Do?
A course selling platform makes a wide variety of subject matter available to interested students around the world in the form of organized courses. They offer some free courses, to begin with, and charge for the important, premium ones through memberships, subscriptions, or individual selling. The best course platforms in today’s time come with reasonable prices for interested students and teachers who are willing to sell their courses.
An online course selling platform creates several opportunities. While it is forever relevant for students, it also creates good openings for teachers who are trying to make their craft seen and are trying out online teaching to boost their careers.
Why Should You Make Use Of A Course Selling Platform?
In a time when courses sell rapidly, and students are constantly looking for better things to learn, selling your course will prove very worthwhile. If you are a creative professional, teacher, lecturer, instructor, SME, coach, etc., your career can take a positive turn if you choose to market your courses as a product. There are several of the best online course sites which will help you do so easily.
How To Choose The Best Course Selling Platforms?
Here, I am sharing some of the important steps that will help you choose the best platforms to sell online courses:
Step 1: Define Your Goals and Audience
Before diving into the plethora of options, it’s crucial to clarify your goals and identify your target audience. Are you looking to reach a specific niche? Do you want to maximize revenue, or is building a strong community more important? Understanding your objectives will help you narrow down your choices.
In this article, we’ve shared the top 10 best sites to sell courses online with its features, price, pros & cons that will help you make an inform decisions.
Step 2: Research Available Platforms
Research is key, we don’t want you to spoil your precious time so our team has done this task for you. After looking into various course selling platforms available in the market such as Teachable, Kajabi, Coursera, Udemy, Skillshare, Thinkific, PayHip, Learnworlds, Podia and more. We tried you to provide complete information and comparison so you can choose the best platforms based on their features, pricing models, and user reviews.
Step 3: Consider User-Friendliness
Evaluate the platform’s user interface and ease of use. Is it intuitive for both course creators and learners? An easy-to-navigate platform ensures a smooth experience for everyone involved.
Step 4: Assess Customization Options
Different platforms offer varying levels of customization. Consider whether you want full control over the look and feel of your course site or if you’re comfortable with a template-based approach. Customization options can impact your branding and how your courses resonate with your audience.
Step 5: Examine Marketing and Sales Tools
Look into the marketing and sales tools provided by the platform. Does it offer features like email marketing integration, discount code creation, affiliate marketing options, and sales analytics? These tools can significantly influence your ability to promote and sell your courses effectively.
Step 6: Review Payment and Pricing Options
Understand the payment and pricing structures of the best online course selling platforms. Some platforms charge a transaction fee, while others have a subscription-based model. Evaluate which pricing model aligns with your revenue goals and the value you’re offering.
Step 7: User reviews and Test
Finally, read reviews from other course creators who have used the platforms you’re interested in. Additionally, many platforms offer free trials or limited versions, allowing you to test their features before committing.
Now, let’s dive into the all those best sites to sell online courses.
What is the best platform to sell online courses?
Here, you will get to know each platform in depth analysis based on key factors like, features, pricing, pros & cons.
Teachable is the number one choice of creators around the world when it comes to selling their courses. It is one of the best course platforms because it connects people to high-quality courses online with a simple setup. It is equipped with all the tools you will need to make your personal brand thrive and reach the target audience faster. The coaching business is made significantly easier with the help of Teachable. With their sales page builder, you will get easier ways to get paid for your product.
- Wide reach
- Growth tools available
- Sales page builder
- Student-oriented tools available
- Basic Plan– For $29 per month, get a 5% transaction fee, 5 published products of each type, integrated email marketing, coupons & order bumps, custom domains, live group coaching, and accelerator challenge access.
- Pro Plan– For $99 per month, get everything in the basic plan, 0% transaction fee, 50 published products of each type, affiliate marketing, live chat support, 5 admin & author seats, upsells, public API access, and remove Teachable branding.
Kajabi is easily the hub of the best selling courses online. It lets you sell the best of your knowledge in the form of interactive courses that attract various people. The best part is that you do not need a lot of knowledge to kick-start your coaching and teaching career or even be tech-savvy; Kajabi does everything for you. They put great trust in their services, so you can always expect your money back when things do not go your way.
- Wide range of tools
- All in one place
- Good for everyone, including rookies
- 0% revenue fees
- Money back guarantee
- Basic Plan– For $149 per month, get 3 products, 3 funnels, 0% transaction fees, unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, 10,000 contacts, 1,000 active customers, 1 website, and 1 admin.
- Growth Plan– For $199 per month, get everything from the basic plan, 15 products, 15 funnels, 25,000 contacts, 10,000 active customers, 10 admin users, an affiliate program, 24/7 chat support, advanced automation, and removal of Kajabi branding.
- Pro Plan– For $399 per month, get everything from the growth plan, 100 products, 100 funnels, 100,000 contacts, 20,000 active customers, 3 websites, 25 admin users, and a custom code editor.
Skillshare is an impressive platform for everyone creative. It is home to thousands of creative courses that can promote your personal and professional growth. Courses on Skillshare can serve their purpose in just a few hours, so it is a promise of productivity for the creators of the course. More than 11k teachers already trust Skillshare for their courses. It has been featured in Fast Company, BBC, CNBC, Business Insider, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and The New York Times.
- Featured upskilling platform
- Suited for creative professionals like photographers, chefs, and many others
- Trusted by thousands of teachers
- Easy setup
- Stable income potential
Skillshare does not charge for a paid membership for the teachers. You can start teaching for free on the platform with no hidden charges and earn well from your lessons.
Thinkific is a wonderful platform for you to make the best out of your knowledge. Market your courses successfully with paid plans that cater to your needs. It has excellent reviews on Capterra and Trustpilot. Add credibility to your personal brand by selling courses that best reflect your domain. With a lot of business tools at your disposal, earning and marketing will be a lot easier. Thinkific is for everyone when they wish to create a personal brand that will help them earn a stable income.
- Suite of business and marketing tools
- Good reviews
- Grow personal brand
- Well-priced plans
- For everyone to use and start a brand
- Basic Plan- For $36 per month, get 100% membership of the content, drag and drop course builder, easy-to-use themes for the website, eCommerce integration, app store, Thinkific academy course, courses quizzes & surveys, unlimited courses, 5 spaces per community, custom domain, coupons & discounts, and affiliate selling.
- Start Plan- For $74 per month, get everything from the basic plan, 10 spaces per community, Thinkific mobile, assignments, bundles & add-on packages, memberships & payment plans, live lessons, advanced website code editing, and advanced course-building options.
- Grow Plan- For $149 per month, get everything from the start plan, 3 communities, 20 spaces per community, 2 admins, phone & priority email support, removal of Thinkific branding, bulk student emailer, bulk enrolments, and API access.
PayHip is a unique and diverse platform that does not only targets courses, but also coaching, memberships, and digital downloads. It is one of the best online course sites that reach a great audience with a variety of products. Both personal brands and businesses can benefit from the plans provided by PayHip. Make a whole digital store in lesser time and put your best products for the students to see. Over 130k creators have trusted PayHip for its robust list of features and potential.
- Coaching, membership, and digital downloads supported among courses
- Creation of a digital store
- Custom domain connection
- Embed features
- 24×7 support
- Free Plan- At no cost, pay a 5% transaction fee, get a beautiful course player, various types of lessons, customizable branding, drip content, make a real impact, store builder, course organization, unlimited products, unlimited revenue, and certificates for the students.
- Plus Plan- For $29 per month, get everything from the free plan and pay only a 2% transaction fee.
- Pro Plan- For $99 per month, get everything from the Plus plan and never pay any transaction fee.
Learnworlds is another best platform to sell online courses and also create as well as promote while you do so! Yes, Learnworlds also helps you create and promote the content so it generates the revenue you desire. Learnworlds is packed with exciting features that will attract you to make your course available on it. With its fast page-building capabilities, you can do a lot at once. All of the content available on Learnworlds is automatically made search engine optimized for higher visibility.
- Creation and promotion of courses
- Versatile course experience
- Engaging training
- Fast page builder
- Beautiful templates
- Starter Plan- For $24 per month, you will be charged $5 per course sale and get course creation, eBook pages builder, unlimited paid courses, exams & quizzes, 1:1 & group sessions, drip-feed courses, 3-page website, flexible checkout, coupons, 1 admin, free SSL certificate, centralized tag manager, marketing tools integration, and accounting integration.
- Pro Trainer Plan- For $79 per month, get no transaction fees, everything in the starter plan, unlimited free & paid courses, customizable course player, assessments & certificates, live classes & webinars, 20 SCORMS/ HTML5, unlimited website pages, mass emails, subscriptions & websites, instalments, funnels, 5 admins, advanced Zapier, advanced Hubspot, and LearnWorlds academy.
- Learning Center Plan- For $249 per month, get all the features in the pro trainer plan, interactive videos, auto subtitles, advanced assessments, Zoom & Webex multiple accounts, unlimited HTML5/ SCORMS, removal of LearnWorlds branding, Android & iOS branding, multiple schools dashboard, progress reports, course insights, automated reports, bulk user actions, 20 custom user roles, API & Webhooks, multiple SSO, and personalized onboarding.
- High Volume and Corporate plans- Contact sales for support and pricing, get all the previously mentioned features, 99.5% server uptime, premium cloud servers, multiple daily backups, optional custom SLA, optional contract & DLA, unlimited admins, tailored pricing, flexible invoices, and a dedicated success manager.
Udemy is a preferred and well-known platform for learning and selling courses. Top companies like Nasdaq, Volkswagen, NetApp, Eventbrite, and Box trust Udemy. Teachers and instructors can easily get started with Udemy to get the best out of their skills. They also have an instructor support team that is available for you anytime when you need assistance in any stage of setting up your courses. Udemy is also free of cost for teachers and instructors to start publishing their courses and earning from them.
- Popular platform for courses
- Trusted by top companies
- Easy starting for teachers
- Easy launching
- Instructor support team
Udemy does not charge teachers or instructors for their courses. Anyone can start selling their courses for free.
Podia is one of the best course platforms that are easy to use. It supports both courses and digital downloads. Thousands of people currently use Podia to sell and marketing their online courses with efficiency. It is equipped with each tool that will help you in all stages of marketing your course. Make the most of your courses and services with Podia’s easy setup. Newcomers can start with Podia and have their own website in less than 10 minutes. The best part of it all? You do not need skills to set it all up because Podia gives you all the assistance you require.
- Digital downloads available
- Easy to use
- Equipped with tools
- Professional storefront for services
- Wide number of things to sell (eBooks, courses, webinars, workshops, etc.)
- Free Plan– At no cost, pay 8% transaction fees, get a full website, email marketing, community, one download, one coaching product, draft courses, and draft webinars.
- Mover Plan– For $39 per month, pay no transaction fees and get everything from the free plan, unlimited downloads, unlimited coaching, unlimited courses, and chat support.
- Shaker Plan– For $89 per month, get everything from the move plan, unlimited webinars, chat support, affiliates, and third-party code.
Coursera is full of free resources that can boost your online teaching journey. It does not matter whether you are a beginner or an expert; Coursera will help you in all stages of education. Create content that will be engaged with and help people learn in-demand skills. Known names like Stanford Online, Illinois, University of Michigan, University of North Texas, University of Pennsylvania, and many more put their trust in the tools of Coursera. More names like IBM, Berklee, Intel, etc., are among the top course providers here.
- Suited for everyone from beginners to experts
- Lots of free resources
- Widely trusted platform for teaching and learning
- Courses from top companies and universities across the world
- Job-relevant courses and education
There are no fees or pricing for teachers on Coursera. Anyone can start working towards being an instructor without any money involved.
LearnDash is a simple yet effective way to get started with your online course setup in less time. Deliver professional courses to your target audience with LearnDash with zero hassle. It is an able learning management system for WordPress. University of Florida, Yoast, Digital Marketer, Tony Robbins, and Keap are amongst the several others that trust LearnDash for course selling. Capterra has termed it amongst the top 20 training software winners, and eLearning Industry has awarded it in the top 20 LMS based on user preference category.
- WordPress targeted courses
- Powerful Learning Management System
- Trusted platform
- Award winning platform
- Beautiful templates
- LearnDash Plugin/ Membership Plugin 1– For $199 per year, you get one site along with updates and support.
- LearnDash Plugin/ Membership Plugin 2– For $399 per year, get 10 sites along with updates and support.
- LearnDash Plugin/ Membership Plugin 3– For $799 per year, get unlimited websites along with updates and support.
- LearnDash Cloud Starter Plan– For $25 per month, get hosting, LearnDash LMS Login, ProPanel, and iThemes Security Pro.
- LearnDash Cloud Growth Plan– For $41 per month, get everything in the starter plan and extra bandwidth & storage.
- LearnDash Cloud Pro Plan– For $83 per month, get everything in the growth plan and unlimited access.
- Pro Panel Addon 1– For $49 per year, get one site and advanced analytics along with updates and support.
- Pro Panel Addon 2– For $99 per year, get 10 sites and advanced analytics along with updates and support.
- Pro Panel Addon 3– For $199 per year, get unlimited sites and advanced analytics along with updates and support.
- GradeBook Addon 1– For $49 per year, get one website and keep track of scores along with updates and support.
- GradeBook Addon 2– For $99 per year, get 10 websites and keep track of scores along with updates and support.
- GradeBook Addon 3– For $199 per year, get unlimited websites and keep track of scores along with updates and support.
- Notes Addon 1– For $49 per year, get one website and the notes facility, along with updates and support.
- Notes Addon 2– For $99 per year, get 10 websites and the notes facility along with updates and support.
- Notes Addon 3– For $199 per year, get unlimited websites and the notes facility along with updates and support.
- Ultimate Course Creator Bundle 1– For $299 per year, get one website, LearnDash LMS, ProPanel, Groups Plus, Notes, and GradeBook.
- Ultimate Course Creator Bundle 2– For $599 per year, get 10 websites and everything in bundle 1.
- Unlimited Course Creator Bundle 3– For $1399 per year, get unlimited websites and everything in bundle 2.
- Student Access Bundle 1– For $249 per year, get LearnDash LMS, Notes, GradeBook, and one website.
- Student Access Bundle 2– For $499 per year, get everything from the bundle 1 and 10 websites.
- Student Access Bundle 3– For $1099 per year, get everything from bundle 2 and unlimited websites.
Which is the Best Course Selling Platform in 2023?
Sales page builder
|A top platform that targets both potential teachers and students.|
|Lots of tools|
All in one
Good for everyone
0% revenue fees
|An easy-to-use platform with all the required tools and proven results for success.|
Trusted by thousands
|Feature-laden course seller fit creative professionals across domains, trusted by a wide number of instructors.|
|Thinkific||Suite of business and marketing tools|
|Has a list of reasonably priced plans that come with tools that are required for the growth of a personal brand.|
|PayHip||Coaching, membership, and digital downloads supported|
|Create a custom digital store in no time with a user-friendly interface and tools.|
|LearnWorlds||Creation and promotion of courses|
Versatile course experience
Fast page builder
|Multi-purpose course marketplace that creates and promotes content for your growth.|
Instructor support team
|Instructor-friendly platform with free-of-cost setups and unlimited earning potential.|
Easy to use
Equipped with tools
Professional storefront for services
|Set up your courses easily for the world to access with a great number of tools at your disposal.|
|Coursera||Suited for everyone|
Courses from top companies and universities
|Hub for job-oriented education for every student and a platform for each instructor with mastery in their field.|
Powerful Learning Management System
|Boost WordPress learning through powerful LMS features and award-winning tools.|
FAQs: Best Course selling Platforms in 2023
Can I sell my course online?
Yes, there are several platforms online, like Coursera, Udemy, Skillshare, and more, where you can sell your courses for a good amount of money.
How do you identify the ideal course selling platform?
A good course selling platform includes ideally priced plans, page builders, SEO, marketing tools, and good reach to the targeted audience.
Is Coursera a best platform to sell course online?
Coursera is focused on job-relevant education that makes younger people eligible for their dream careers. It is a good place to get started with interesting and in-demand courses.
What is the best course selling platform online in India?
There are many popular online course selling platforms. Some of the trusted ones are Teachable, Kajabi, Skillshare, Thinkific, and Podia.
How much do plans cost on Podia?
Podia has a free plan that has the basic features. The other two plans cost $39 and $89, respectively, and have intensive course-selling features to explore.
Conclusion – Best Platform to Sell Course Online in 2023
Course selling is a new prospect for fruitful learning in today’s time. When learning is most valued, teachers can make the most out of it by marketing their content and courses well. Anyone with expertise in any field has the potential to earn a good amount by selling their courses amongest the best selling courses online
Must Read Resources: